How to Apply

How do I enrol in an English course at NSW International English?

There are two main ways to apply to study English at NSW International English:

  1. You can Apply directly to NSW International English
  • Have a read of all the information on NSW International English’s website.
  • If you have any questions, contact us using the details on the ‘Contact Us’ link.
  • If you are now happy to enrol, download a Student Enrolment Form from the ‘Download Centre’ link or from NSW English homepage.
  • Fully complete and sign the Student Enrolment Form and return it to us by email or post.
  • Please make sure that you read all the terms and conditions including the Refund Policy before signing and returning the completed form to us.
  • If we have any questions about your application, we will contact you.
  • We will then issue you with an ‘Offer Letter’. The offer letter will have details of all the fees due to NSW English for the duration of the English course you have chosen. The Offer Letter also has details of how you can pay your fees to NSW English. Fees will include:
    • Enrolment fee (if applicable)
    • Tuition fees
    • Accommodation fees (if you have asked NSW English to book accommodation on your behalf
    • Airport pickup fee
    • Materials/ book fee (if applicable)
    • OSHC fees
  • When we receive your full payment, we will issue you with an Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) letter. You will need this letter when applying for your student visa.
  • Now you apply for your student visa and, assuming there are no problems, you can start making your travel plans once you have received your visa.
  1. You can apply through a private education agent representing NSW International English

You can apply for an ELICOS course at NSW English by using an agent who represents us. These agents could be based in your own country or in Australia.

  • The procedure for enrolling through an education agent is the same as above except that the agent will usually provide you with the Student Enrolment Form to complete and sign.
  • The agent will accept your fees on behalf of NSW English and then ask NSW English to issue a eCoE on your behalf so that you may get your visa.
  • Some agents will assist you with getting your student visa but will charge you a fee for this service.

You can find some useful information to help you prepare for your travel to Australia in our Student Survival Manual.

What happens next?

  1. Assuming that you have got your student visa, you are now ready to make travel plans.
  2. If you have asked NSW English to find homestay accommodation on your behalf, we will advise you of the name, address and contact numbers of your homestay family before you leave home.
  3. If you have asked for airport pickup, we will advise you of the location and time of the pick-up.
  4. If you have not given us your travel details including flight number, time of arrival on your application form, please let us know before you leave.
  5. If you are making your own accommodation and airport pick-up arrangements and we do not hear from you, we will assume that we will see you on the first day of your studies.
  6. If you do not arrive on the first day for Orientation, we will try to contact you (or your agent) to find out if you have arrived. (Note: If you have arrived in Australia and you have not commenced your course within one week, we will cancel your eCoE as you will have breached conditions of your student visa).
  7. On your first day of arrival, you will
    • Receive your OSHC card
    • Receive your Student ID card
    • Sit a placement test
    • Receive Orientation
    • Attend your new class.